Saturday 5 January 2013

2013!

I have decided to try a few new things in this New Year.
  • I have to earn sweet stuff through exercise, trying to do at least half an hour a day
  • I am keeping a memory jar containing notes of things in 2013 that made me smile, goals achieved, happy events, etc
  • To post more works in progress on here so people can see the things I make as I make them, not just a finished object.

A fun one to start with:

Our school cleaner is retiring on Friday and along with jewellery, flowers and a ceramic bird bath made by our former art teacher we are giving her some fun gifts. She is getting a framed photograph of her hoover (nice frame to reuse), a tub of glitter (bane of her life), a gold spray painted  dustpan and brush and this:





She just needs her eyes now! She is made from a loo brush, a sieve, 6 cleaning cloths, 2 washing up brushes and a mop head with a few ribbons holding it all together.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure she will love it Julia it's so cute. Welcome to the stash-buster challenge, I know you will have some lovely things to show us, love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete